Featured Post

We made it a year, and I've finally written my birth story.

As the birth of my girls approaches, it brings back many memories. Some of which are hard to share. I have been thinking about everything th...

Friday, July 22, 2016

Diaper Rashes

Well it certainly has been a while since I have last posted. My two littles have been keeping me busy along with working. Recently one of my babes had a double ear infection. The doctor prescribed the typical antibiotic and on our way we went. Luckily for us I caught it very early. She never runs a fever so when she was over 100 degrees I knew something wasn't right and took her in. My sweet girl is such a trooper. The medicine has been a little hard on her stomach and even though we diligently checked her diapers just to be safe, she still started getting a little red.  As diaper rashes are so common and people are always searching for the best product to help their kiddos, I will share this magical concoction with you all. It is really quite simple. I was suspicious about the mix when the doctors office suggested it, but let me tell you, it worked wonders and very quickly. I saw a major improvement by the next morning.
First, get a small rubbermaid/food container with a lid to mix and store it in.
Aquaphor healing diaper rash ointment







Maalox/antacid (I used the generic/off-brand which worked just fine)


Mix these two at equal parts. Start with the Aquaphor which will be more of a gel consistency and mix with the Maalox, which is a liquid. You will need to slowly stir in the Maalox to get the two to mix properly. Once you are done, store it in a refrigerator to help hold consistency. Use after every diaper change.
 
UPDATE:
 
I had to make some more of this magic potion recently and have taken step by step pictures for you to follow.
 
Start with a medium small Rubbermaid with a lid to store it in.
 
 
I got the off brand of Maalox but it works just as good (and yes they only had mint haha)

 
Pop the cap off the Aquaphor, it makes it quicker to get out. I had my husband get the last of it out for me. As you can see I got the 3oz Aquaphor which means you use approx. 6 tablespoons of Maalox.

As you can see there really isn't as much as you'd think in the tube, but it's plenty for what we need.

I added about half of the Maalox mix (as pictured below)

and started mixing,

 
and mixing, annnnd mixing. This can take awhile.
add the last of the Maalox and finish mixing it together.

It will still be a little runny but that's okay.
 
I took a picture of my last batch below. That is what it looks like after it has time to set up.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment